Saturday, February 18, 2012

Working with Multiple Inks to Achieve the Perfect Image

I was itching to test out more of my Caran D'ache watercolor pencils to see how well it worked with Tim Holtz distress inks and Copic Markers. The combination of these mediums resulted in this wonderful Mo Manning's, Make a Wish image. I used my Copic Sketch markers for the grass, skin, and highlights to her hair, and my Caran D'ache for her shirt, shoes, and first layer of her ponytail. I then applied distress ink to make the clouds, using a stencil I had cut out earlier.  I am very satisfied of the outcome and plan on turning the finished image into a card. This little cutie reminds me so much of my two little girls, playing outside in our backyard. Have a great weekend everyone!





This Image was achieved using Caran D'ache Watercolor Pencils, Copic Sketch Markers and Tim Holtz Distress Inks.


2 comments:

  1. beautiful! i love that you used different coloring media...the end result is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Anne! Can't wait to see your next one.. :)

    ReplyDelete