Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pfaff Tiptronic 2020

I occasionally look through Craigslist every now and then to search for different craft items people may no longer want or use. Such items include Copic Markers, die cutters, colored pencils, paintbrushes, stamps, yarn, needles, sewing machines and so forth. Well the other day I struck gold when I noticed a seller had posted a Pfaff Tiptronic 2020 sewing machine for a meager price of seventy-five dollars. I immediately clicked on the link to find out more information and to hopefully contact the seller. The advertisement stated that the machine was at least ten years old and was used for only one quilting project, which to me translate to LOW MILEAGE!  In the past, I've always had good luck with Craigslist and found the sellers to be quite honest about their items, so I quickly emailed the owner and got a reply within the hour. The woman on the phone was very nice and said she bought the machine several years ago in hopes of making many projects with it. Unfortunately for her, the sewing bug didn't last and she switched to knitting. She said she used the machine once to make a quilt, and shortly thereafter packed it away. After hearing her response and asking a few more questions, I committed to purchasing it and asked her to ship it to me. She happily agreed and the machine arrived at my house the next day. Well, I had the chance to test drive my new sewing machine and boy does it sew like a champ. I purposely feed the machine four layers of cotton fabric, keyed in a few decorative stitches, and voila, the machine sewed it effortlessly. I am so happy I found this machine and look forward to using it for many projects along side my Janome 4120. Does anyone own a Pfaff? What has your experience been with your machine?

For some of you who may not know about the Pfaff brand of sewing, quilting and embroidery machines, they are considered to be one of the best on the market. Average costs of these machines ranges anywhere between nine-hundred dollars to a few thousand. When I purchased my Janome 4120 two months ago, one of the machines I considered purchasing was the Pfaff. I knew it was a high quality machine made in Germany with thousands of loyal users. My sister happens to own the Pfaff Stitch and Sew model and loves it. 


Features

  • Computerized
  • Needle Threader
  • Embroidery Stitches
  • One step buttonhole
  • Drop-In bobbin
  • Free Arm
  • Adjustable Stitch Length and Width
  • Adjustable Needle Position
  • Over 46 stiches

Many of the accessories that came with the Pfaff



A few decorative stitches made from the Pfaff Tiptronic 

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I also scored on Craigslist. Mine was a tiptronic 2040 and I paid $60... I felt like we bought it from the same lady. Gave up sewing and went to knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!!! Glad you found a great machine for an even better price :) Hope you are enjoying it!!!!!

      Delete
  2. oh my, just bought one as well Only no book with it! Found a you-tube on how to thread, but sure would like to get a copy of the real book!

    What a great score (won't tell you what I paid for mine NOT on Craig' list hahahha)

    Sounds like a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Tiptronic 2020 purchased 15 years ago for $900! But I am looking for a replacement needle threader. You can email me at studio680@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete