Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pearl Ex vs. Silks vs. Twinkling h2o. Is There A Difference?

I was able to get a hold of a few Pearl Ex and Silks Acrylic Glaze jars a couple weeks ago but haven't had a chance to play around with them yet. From what I've read in various craft magazines and card making websites, the possibilities are endless on what you can achieve with these mediums. Many card makers use them to add sparkle and highlights to their stamped images, while other crafters may use them to make ornaments and paint pictures. I plan to turn my Pearl Ex powder into Twinkling h2o, with a little bit of Gum Arabic and water. I found this method by googling, "How to make your own Twinkling h2o" on You Tube. The steps shown in the video seemed like they were easy to follow and I am curious to find out if this works. I will get back to you on a later post if this method is worth the time spent mixing and cleaning up, or if buying Twinkling h2o is just better and more convenient. Does anyone have any experience with  any of these mediums and is one better then the other?




1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne,

    Can you make a video when you do decide to use them? I would love to see you doing a video blog. :)

    ReplyDelete