Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Vintage Christmas Card

When I found this vintage postcard, dated 1907 at a flea market several weeks ago, I had the perfect person in mind that I wanted to give it to. Rather than using a stamped image, I wanted to create something different incorporating this postcard. The end result turned out just as pretty as I thought it would. I used vintage lace on the top corners, then sewed red thread around the edges. I finished the card off with silk poinsettias I found at Michaels. I hope you guys like it. Now I just have to wrap it and give it to my dear friend Barb! Her husband has a antique museum next to their house filled with vintage farm equipment, old tractors, classic motorcycles and many other things I can't possibly name. I think this card would just fit right in.





No comments:

Post a Comment